CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

What a decade! 8/10/98-8/10/08

     So today is Me and Mike's "dating" anniversary. I am copying my friends blog with this but I have no old pictures to share on this computer. Wow! This time 10 years ago we were visiting the keys for the first time and Mike was trying to teach me how to snorkel with our friends Megan and Alan. His ultimate goal was scuba diving but little did he know yet that I was such a chicken. Eventually though I did get certified even if I had to have my hand held the entire time. Thanks Doc! 

      Well let's see what has happened in the last ten years? We have had numerous jobs, moved 9 times, lived in Gainesville, Fairfax VA, Centreville VA, Gainesville again and now Green Cove. We moved a few times in each place to bigger apts etc. We got engaged, got married, had three dogs named Smokey, Chewy, and Rainy. We lost Chewy, gave back Rainy and Smokey just passed this year. Oh we also had a beta fish named Oscar and an Oscar fish named Willie. We have a fantastic little girl named Bella and a Labrador named Juno on the way in September. We have sadly lost some family members and some young friends and we have welcomed new friends and new family members with joy.  We are purchasing our first home and finding a new church home. We have made new friends and lost a few. We have gone on ski trips (where I did not ski ... are you kidding, did you already forget I am a chicken?), cruises, many more trips to the keys to dive, dive at Epcot,  an unbelievable honeymoon in Atlantis,  and who knows how many trips to Disney and Washington D.C.

    Our most memorable moments are probably the obvious ones, our wedding (what's a wedding without some drama?), our honeymoon( the most beautiful, peaceful place we've ever been), and the birth of our Isabella Marin.  There are no words to describe that day and even joy wouldn't be sufficient. She is the ultimate blessing and I thank God every day for allowing us to be her parents and to share our love with her. I just hope we can give her a wonderful life and she gets to be as happy if not more so than we are.

    When we began this journey we had no idea where it would go or even if it would go but we're still kicking and loving every minute of it. I only hope the next 10 years brings us as much joy and laughter as the first 10 has. 

0 comments: