CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 8, 2008

National Night Out

Bella and Ethan in bouncy house




    So I managed to somehow get myself on the email list for my neighborhood watch group. Hence, I have received weekly emails about stuff I really don't need to know about. One of things they have been clogging up my inbox with was and invite to National Night Out. The purpose of the event is to:


 - Heighten crime a drug prevention awareness
 -Participate in support for local anticrime programs
 -Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police community partnerships

    I had no intention of attending but Heather and I decided to walk down there so the kids could have a little fun. They were cooking out, bouncy houses, crafts for the kids, and tons of junk toys to hand out to the kids.  Bella has never gone in a bouncy house before (not sure why she has just always refused) but Ethan must have influenced her this time because she finally did it! SHe even managed to not get pummeled by the bigger kids although I am not sure why I doubted her as she can hold her own very well thank you.  They both had a blast and played in there so hard they came out drenched in sweat and it was almost 8pm!  We did end up with a few good toys like light up reflectors for the kids bikes and those glow in the dark necklaces that you get at theme parks. Which brings me to another funny story.

      For some reason lately Bella has been sleeping all night in her bed and reciprocally so have I but now I am actually sleeping solid without even waking up once. Good times! Too bad it took almost three years to get here. Anyway, when she comes in to wake me up in the morning I am in so deep of sleep that it takes me a minutes to adjust. The other morning she padded in super early and I wasn't sure it was her. It was still not quite light out and when I looked over all I saw was a little glow. I thought I must be losing it now and then realized it was her with that glow in the dark necklace thing on. I guess she made time to stop at the crack of dawn to make sure she had her jewelry on. Good thing though I really thought we had an alien in the room!


 

0 comments: