CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Little Miss Manipulative

     Bella has mastered the art of manipulation. Especially when it comes to bedtime or naptime. She seems to find every way to stay awake whether it be "I need water, or my blanket (which she acts like she cannot pull it up herself), or my animals, or my Mickey Mouse. You get the idea. For example, We switched the lock around on her door to keep her in her room a while back so she would stay in bed or rather at least in her room when it was time to sleep. Don't judge, we unlocked it once we knew she was asleep. Regardless she hated it and we worked it out so that if she stayed in bed we would not shut or lock the door. This worked for a while but lately she has been sneaking out of bed shutting the door and turning the light on to play. The other day she wouldn't settle down so I said "Bella do you want me to lock the door?" She said "yes mommy lock the door" So I did. She got up started playing and you know the rest. Naptime has been a challenge as well. After I put her to bed at night I tell her I have to go make Daddy's lunch. Well today she wanted her juice (it was on the dresser) and I told her "No, it's naptime". She screamed and cried and then said "Mommy go make Daddy's lunch again" I guess this was her attempt to get me out of the room so she could party. I left anyway juice in hand and she played with all her toys, and told her Jasmine barbie all about how our puppy Juno is coming soon and he is such a good boy. Maybe she knows something we don't but I sure hope so.


     Juno will be here on Labor Day Monday and we are so excited. He is a black Lab and he is 6 weeks old. Bella seems to think that Smokey is coming with him and it makes me so sad. I keep telling her that Smokey is in Heaven with Jesus but she keeps saying he is coming. I am not really looking forward to potty training and a puppy who may be up all night but that's just part of it. Its been 12 years since I had to house train, what will I do?????Who knows maybe he will motivate Bella to go in the potty. It could happen right?

0 comments: