CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Mike's Birthday










Ahh, another year older! These birthdays these days seem to come fast and furious and again we ponder where the time has gone. Mike celebrated his 34th yesterday and Ethan will be 3 next week and Bella will be 3 in a few months. It is not necessary to discuss my age. While Mike was at  work Bella and I bake him a spice cake(his choice although I think he wanted pumpkin) Bella and I had a playdate at O2B kids with our new MOPS group(Mothers of Preschoolers) so we made the cake before we left and put it on the cooling rack until we got back. Ok so anyone who knows me knows that I do not cook very often but I do love to bake. Generally I do a good job but I can never seem to ice a cake without getting crumbs all over the icing. I spoke to several people about this including people I don't know and got lots of advice but the best one being just let it cool completely before icing. SO thats what I did. When we came back from O2B I was ready to ice and turned over the cake onto the platter. A whole big chunk of the cake fell off with it. The same with the second layer. SO I did my best to patch it together and used tons of icing but to no avail. There was just a huge hole in the back of the cake. I tried to take pics of it from the right angle and Mike was very understanding but it was so frustrating! Now I know to not put warm cake on a rack to cool. Oh well it tasted good and I used cream cheese frosting(that's my favorite part anyway). MIke wanted to go to this place called Clarks fish camp for dinner to get some good seafood(presumably because I hate it and we never go to seafood restaurants...bad wife bad wife) His parents, brother, Rob, Danny Heather Ethan John and Kathy all joined us. This place is just crazy because I have never seem so many stuffed (previously alive) animals in my life. They had lions,coyotes,birds of all kinds, snakes,bears, tigers, baby giraffes. OK I don't know why they were stuffed although I am hoping it was not for the sake of this restaurant but it was like a huge zoo only they were all dead. The kids thought it was great and they also had a deck outside you could go see LIVE turtles and baby alligators. We go  to place cuz the food is great although I came home with some nasty heartburn last night. We came home and had cake and the kids got their second wind and started a laughing crazy fit. Ethan asked Bella to come run with him and she said "I'm too busy" so  he tried again. "Come run with me Bella"  Bella- "No Ethan I will watch you, I'm too busy" (all the while with her hands way up high on her hips). I am not sure where she gets this stuff.



0 comments: