CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Books

   This is not family focused but I want to talk about a few great books I have read lately. Yes I have Bella back on a sleep schedule so I have found some time at night to read. It helps that there is nothing on TV right now.


    The first book is called "Naptime is the New Happy Hour: And Other Ways Toddlers Turn Your Life Upside Down"  by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor. This book is about toddlers and the authors perspective on raising them. It is just plain hilarious. She says what most mothers won't say out loud and I was literally laughing through the whole book. I would not recommend this book to someone whose baby is not yet a toddler although she does have a book called Sippy Cups are not for Chardonnay for the younger set. ANy mother out there who needs a laugh and don't we all out to check this out. Heather has mine right now so you will have to fight her for it and we all know you don't mess with the pregnant lady.

    Shortly after Smokey passed I finally read "Marley and Me" by John Grogan . I thought I had recovered enough to read about another dog. You know, there were so many days where I thought Smokey was such a bad dog. BOY was I deluded. Marley was just plain horrible. This book was funny, scary, and touching all at the same time. The end got me good(turns out I wasn't recovered enough). We are considering getting a Lab for our next dog in a few months and some days I am so excited and other days I am just plain terrified. However, it was a good book my recommendation would be not read it right after you have lost a pet but I can't wait to see it in the movies in December.

    The most recent book I read is called "The Year of Fog" by MIchelle Richmond. Wow. The book is about a woman engaged to a man and she takes his little girl Emma to the beach. She looks away and the girl has disappeared. The book takes you through a year of her search to find her and the language is just beautiful. It sounds really sad but it has just been added to one of my favorite books list. It is almost 400 pages and I read it in three days. It was unputdownable. It makes you also realize what parents, guardians, or significant others go through when someone is lost and that the story does not end just because it is no longer in the news. I know you are thinking it sounds depressing but it wasn't and I loved it. 

    

0 comments: