CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Evil Knievel

      Isabella is a total water baby. Every time I go to take a bath she has to take one with me as well as all of her "waterproof" animals. In fact, the other day she was watching a movie so I thought I could take a bath by myself. As soon as she heard the water running she ran to get her animals, threw them in, and jumped in with her clothes still on. I said "Bella what are you doing?" She said "I taking a bath with my animals, and elephant and monkey, and giraffe, and mommy, and paints, and colors." I said I know but why didn't you take off your clothes and she just smiled. Sorry I didn't get a picture of that!


     So you can imagine if she feels that way about baths how she feels about the pool or the beach.  Yesterday Heather invited us to go swimming and off she ran. Here is how the conversation went.

  Bella- "Mommy I gotta get my bathin soup and go swimmin in the pool with Ethan and Header and Mommy. Yay Ethan!"
Me- "okay  Bella lets get dressed and Mommy has to change too.
Bella -"Mommy I gotta get my shoes on and go swimmin in the pool with Ethan, and Header, and Mommy. Yay Ethan!"
Me- Ok lets go
Bella- Yay Mommy swimmin in the pool! Yay Ethan!

    Lately Bella has been using a swim ring and she jumps right into the pool. She had swim lessons last year but she doesn't remember any of it so she usually swallows a lot of water so every time she jumps in  we say "close your mouth". Nothing. She smiles so big I don't think she could close her mouth if she tried. Up until this point she refused to wear the water wings but I think she was so excited this time that she was ready to try anything. We put them on and she clung to me for about a minute. Once I pried her fingers from mine she realized she could float and had a grin from ear to ear. The good thing about these wings is that they seems to force her to paddle and kick with her arms and legs where the ring she could really just float there. Very soon after she decided she wanted to jump with the wings. I was concerned but she did before I could stop her. Of course, she went under but she popped right back up smiling as if this was the best thing ever. It must have been because she did it at least 20 more times. She must have also thought to close her mouth because she came up grinning every time. Heather and I didn't realize how long we had been in the water. Turns out it was at least an hour and half but it was after dinner so we didn't have to worry about too much sun. Anyway, the kids must have been irritated with the wings because they both got out and started taking them off and putting the rings back on. I looked up and Bella was ring and water wingless and I went to go let her in the pool. Before I could get there she jumped in with NOTHING! My little daredevil. Of course she went under and came up grinning albeit a nervous one. Heather was calling her Evil Knievel and I think she is right. Bella seems to have no fear. SHe wanted to go get her wings again after that but it definitely didn't slow her down. Bella is just like her daddy here (they seem to think they are invincible). I guess I am now set up for a lifetime of worry. At least she won't lead a chicken life like I have. Don't worry though Grandma they were well supervised!  Next time I will get pictures for sure!

0 comments: