CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Habijax...or not




Mike had to do some community service for his license on Saturday and was doing a Habitat for Humanity project in downtown Jax. He somehow talked me into to going and let me tell you I went kicking and screaming. Not that I don't support it,its just so not my thing. When Mike told me he signed me up for painting, errands and office work I was a bit relieved. His mom came up to watch Bella and we headed out at 6:30 a.m! We were just about to pull into the parking lot when WHAM we got t-boned. The guy said he stopped at the stop sign but we were in his blind spot. We were on a tiny road in the middle of the city and we were the only cars there. It was a two way stop and we didn't have the stop sign. Mike swerved to miss him but it seemed he was accelerating into us. The car was able to be drove home so thank goodness we didn't have to wait forever for a tow truck. It was COLD outside! Mike hit his head on the roof of the car and has a bruise on his hip. We both had headaches all day but seemed ok. Now here I am at 3:30 in the morning and I can't really move my neck to the right. Now I know I should go to the hospital but I know they would not consider this an emergency and I could be there for hours and hours. As soon as someone in my neighborhood wakes up I will get them to watch Bella so I can go(he is very stubborn and won't go get himself checked out)
Mike has to work a job fair in Gainesville Sunday so we only have one car. Hey what do you think the chances are that he drops me off before he leaves and I am still there by the time he gets done? My gut tells me its a safe bet. Well pray for a short visit please!

Oh on a funny note, the cop put down on the police report that Mike was black. He sure doesn't look black to me. Who's with me? Oh and he was totally trying to pull a Dukes of Hazzard trying to climb out of his window or missing window.

Update: we went to the hospital this morning and even though we were the only ones there for a while we still ended up spending 2.5 hours there. Not too bad if you compare it to Bella's 13 hour stay at Shand's ER. They say I have a cervical sprain and gave me some meds. I took some at the hospital and it still isn't working so we will see how the muscle relaxers do. Oh and Mike stayed with me in the ER even though I told him to go ahead to the job fair. He does love me! Kidding of course I was glad he stayed,love you baby!

xoxo,
CC

3 comments:

torinem said...

Gosh! I hope you are feeling better soon! Thank goodness it was a (fairly) short wait!

torinem said...

Hey Crystal!
Well, I don't think I would feel right about charging you for one...but, I will try to put together some directions or something. It may take me a bit...but, I'll try! Here is where I got the directions for the felt doughnuts, if you want to make some of them.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=46368.msg421416#msg421416

They're pretty easy. Just kind of time consuming, but I work on them at night or during nap time when I am just watching TV or whatever. Okay, so I will try to put together a tutorial...maybe next week, this week is kind of busy.

Oh, you should also look on Etsy.com if you think you would have a hard time sewing one. There are a lot of handmade aprons on there...We could probably work something out if you really want to buy one like Madison's from me...I just have never sold anything like that and would not really have any idea what to charge...

torinem said...

Oh, and did I mention how very flattered I am that you liked it so much! Thanks!