CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

i






A quick update on the happenings here. We had a very busy V-day weekend! On Saturday my mom came up to spend the night so Mike and I could finally have a date night! We have not been out on Valentine's Day in over 6 years! Hard to believe I know, but its true. Between having a three year old, money, and the general chaos that comes along with going anywhere on this day it just hasn't happened. Well, this year Mike surprised me and Bella with a lovely batch of roses. He's so sweet to include her with the flowers. I never got them until I was 15! We went to an early movie before dinner to beat the crowds and saw "He's Just Not that into You". I know this isn't what some would consider a romantic movie but I got to pick and I had to take advantage while I could. It was a cute movie but depressing to see how women act to get a man's attention. No...I never acted that way... After the movie we both looked at our watches and it was already 7pm! Yikes! Our reservations were for then and we were a half hour away! So we called the restaurant and they said they could still get us in. When we got there the place was a zoo. Not unlikely for a Japanese Steakhouse, but a little insane. Like I said, we haven't been out in YEARS! About a half hour later, we were seated and excited about our meal. We sat there with drinks and soup for an HOUR. Finally our cook arrived. They made too many reservations and not enough chefs. Now I'm not genius but who's brilliant idea was that? We finally got our food and as always it was delicious. We sat at a fun table of people and a couple of which had just gotten engaged that day and celebrated by drinking three bottles of wine and laughing hysterically. They were very entertaining but I couldn't help but wonder who was driving them home? But I digress...we got home and Bella was still up and refused to go sleep in her bed or with Mamaw. So I know you know where this is going, we had a three year old in our bed on Valentines Day, back to reality.

The next morning Grandma Pru and Papaw Fred came up with Uncle Toneeeeeeeee and Sarah Jane to bring Valentine gifts. Sarah Jane and Juno had a blast as usual and Juno was actually limping by the time the day was over. At lunch Bella pick pocketed Uncle Tony and managed to walk away with $20. He kept trying to trade her for a dollar and she said "no" with a little coaxing from me:) So today she picked out a Minnie Mouse bathing suit to buy with it. Thanks Uncle Tony!

This weekend we have some community service at Habijax that Mike needs for his license that he has conned me into doing with him. I know it is my civic duty but it is so not my thing! Will post about that later.

In other news I am down 9lbs and Juno is up to 80lbs. He is eating us out of house and home. SERIOUSLY. Bella got on the scale at Winn Dixie last week and weighed 34 lbs. No wonder my back hurts! She is also 3 ft 4inches tall. I am so glad she got whoevers tall gene! Growing so fast...

Until next time...

xoxo,
CC

0 comments: