CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Juno's first week


Bella trying to hold Juno down
John n Juno
Here he is trying to jump in Bella's bath

Hilarious!


He's so lucky he's so cute
Headlock

Fighting back



     Whew what a week it has been! Juno is like having a newborn that crawls and doesn't have diapers. It has been 13 years since I house trained a puppy and I just don't remember it being this exhausting. The first night he was up every hour and a half. Even newborns will most of the time give you at least two hours. So the first day or so I was having serious puppy postpartum depression. I kept thinking what have I gotten myself into? It didn't help that Mike was teaching the first two days so he was gone for over 15 hours each day. I did call and thank my parents for helping me house train Smokey because it was much easier with their help. Thanks Mom, Dad, Adrian, Joe, and Jon! 
      Juno is still having some accidents but is getting better at least at night. He has gained 5 lbs in 6 days( he now weighs 13 lbs) and is starting to scare me. I realized (you know after like 5 people told me) that we were feeding him too much.  He went for his first walk around the block on a leash the other day and he did pretty well. As long as I made him think I wasn't pulling him he was good. He doesn't seem to know his name yet or he is just ignoring me, not sure which. He also has a severe case of ADD. Say I call him to eat. He takes a few steps, sees a toy begins chewing,call him again, few steps, chewing again. Finally I just pick him up and take him to his food. What dog would rather play than eat? I guess our overfed one. I know he is a puppy but he seems to be really lazy. He sleeps all the time even when he is not in his kennel. He loves the cold kitchen floor and water. If he was only taller he would jump in the bathtub with Bella. Speaking of Bella, poor Juno, she is so rough with him. I guess that's ok though because before long he will be too big for her to push him around. He has started to do some funny things though. We have cut off his food and water after dinner so he won't have to go out as much at night. First he would bark for us to give him more, then he would try to drink out of the bathtub, now he carries his water bowl in his mouth to us in the living room. It's hilarious. Oh, now he just brought us the mat his food sits on. Well wish us luck with the housebreaking but otherwise we love this little glob of a dog. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

He does look a lot bigger, and so cute. Looks like he and Bella are going to be team.